Restaurant Review: Vero Bistro Moderne


Vero Bistro Moderne - Scrumptiously Fit Food


I include restaurant reviews on my blog because I enjoy eating out and trying new foods as much as eating healthy and talking about nutrition, sometimes you've got to indulge and I've found myself wandering back to Vero more than a couple times to do so. It's definitely the taste that brings me back everytime.

Atmosphere: Contemporary colors with a dimly lit main dining area creating a cozy yet retro feel due to the color contrasts of red and black.

Price Range: Lunch mid $10s-20s, Dinner mid $20s-30s

Food & Wine: I've been to this restaurant a couple of times now and have been pleasantly surprised both times by the uniqueness of the flavors. Vero is an Italian fusion restaurant that goes beyond the normal conventions of just Italian food. Executive chef Jenny Chan also draws from her Asian heritage to provide unique flavor combinations in each of the dishes. For example: hand rolled organic sweet potato gnocchi served with gorgonzola, walnuts, sage maple brown butter and 10 year aged balsamic or Garden herb crusted lamb chops with saffron lemon risotto, balsamic barolo sauce (which are both my favorites, by the way!)

Recently Vero has also introduced special nights, on Wednesday when you order any full bottle of wine you get a platter of oysters and on Thursday you get a chef's selection of cheeses. On Sunday's chef Jenny also does a three course meal for $39/person. Just imagine enjoying organic carrot cake with passion fruit cream, aged balsamic reduction, cinnamon gelato and a chocolate wafer to end a great meal and the weekend!

Seafood Platter for Two
My Picks: As mentioned in the food & wine section of the review...gnocchi and lamb, delicious!

Overall: Very impressed with the service, the decor, overall food presentation and most importantly the taste. I can't wait to head back again and again, maybe next time I'll try the Sunday night special!
Vero Bistro Moderne
209 10 Street NE
Calgary, AB

Vero Bistro Moderne on Urbanspoon

Comments

Post a Comment