Junior's NY Cheesecake


Junior's

When you’re going to NY everybody seems to have a few suggestions on what and where you should eat. I remember when my friends all found out that I was headed to the big apple and everybody started piping in with things I had to try and places I had to go. After scribbling down everybody’s suggestions (trying hard not to get a hand cramp), I managed to order everything in terms of deliciousness (trust me it sounds easier than it was).

After looking at the suggestions I got, plus reading a lot of online blogs, the consensus overall was….I MUST eat a NY cheesecake. Nobody and I mean nobody should go to NY and not eat a NY cheesecake, right? It’s called NY cheesecake for a reason, like a Chicago deep dish pizza. Even if you didn’t like it, it would almost be a crime not to eat one! So off I went in search of the best cheesecake location in Manhattan. You’d think it would be easy with all the choices I’m faced with, but quite the contrary, more choices meant more time required to narrow down where the “best” cheesecake location was. Luckily some other girls did their research too and came upon Junior’s, which was voted #1 best cheesecake in NY by New York Magazine (ok so maybe I didn’t do that much research, but I put in the effort…to try).

Utensils
Junior’s most fabulous cheesecake and desserts are located in several spots around NY and surrounding areas, but we were referred to the Grand Central Terminal location so off we went, plus we were staying nearby which made it that much more convenient. Once you head down to the lower level of Grand Central Station, you’re faced with a plethora of food choices and it’s very easy to get led astray. Luckily I was with some strong willed girls who would stop at nothing until they could get their teeth in to a slice of good ol’ cheesecake.

The display showed many different flavours from Brownie Marble Swirl to Sugar Free Low Carb Plain, but I didn’t come all this way to eat low carb cheesecake, give me the real thing (I’ll just run it off or being in NY, walk it off later). I could barely wait to break in to my plastic container and take my first bite, so I did just that.

NY Cheesecake
The cheesecake was light and fluffy, giving off an almost airy feeling but remaining just as decadent as a dessert should be. It wasn’t overly sweet like some others I’ve tried which made it extremely easy to down the whole thing in one short sitting, dangerous stuff, so luckily it was shared amongst friends! Since we ordered the plain cheesecake without any toppings or flavours, it really allowed me to enjoy the true natural taste of the cream cheese and the nice soft mouth feel it gave. In any case, I definitely recommend eating a Junior’s cheesecake when in NY but if you’re in a bind for time and can’t make it out to a Junior’s location (or NY) they ship their cheesecake, but probably only within the continental United States. =(

Maybe in order to satisfy your craving you might just have to bake your own using a nice low fat recipe instead!

Junior's location
Junior’s Most Fabulous Cheesecake and Desserts45 Grand Central Terminal
New York, NY 10017-5619
(212) 692-9800
Website: http://www.juniorscheesecake.com/

Junior's Restaurant on Urbanspoon

Comments