Restaurant Review: Holy Grill


Mr.Chicken Panini

I usually go to the gym during my lunch breaks at work, what better time to squeeze in a quick workout then the lunch hour. It really helps break up the work day, plus then I have more time after work to enjoy my evening. However, lately I’ve been finding myself wanting to get outside during the lunch hour since its so sunny and warm out. What better motivation to get outside then to make a lunch date with a friend at a place a little farther away. That way at least we got in some walking before and after the meal to make up for skipping the gym.

Atmosphere: Casual self service restaurant that’s quick to order and a great place for breakfast, brunch or lunch.

Price Range: $5 - $10

Food: We both wanted the Mr. Chicken Panini, which had grilled chicken, bacon, roasted red peppers, tomatoes, onions topped with mayo wrapped and pressed. It was simply delicious, literally. The ingredients were fresh and…well simple, yet it was very well balanced. The saltiness of the bacon combined with the sweetness of the onions and roasted red peppers is always a winner. The panini was crispy and crunchy with just the right amount of tortilla wrap compared to filling.

Something different and not seen often was the Beet Chips, which is why I decided to get an order. They ended up being a little chewy and oily. Might be the high sugar content in the beets or they were simply under fried due to the sudden rush of people during lunch. I had a glance at their sweet potato chips and they did look crunchier. So I suggest those if you’re looking for more of a crisper chip. There were several regular fries that ended up in our basket as well and those were definitely crunchy, maybe I’ll get that next time.

Beet Chips
My Pick: Mr. Chicken Panini

Overall: A quick and tasty lunch. It was a little bit off of my usual beaten path with it’s location being on 10th Ave, but worth the effort and a day off from the gym.

Holy Grill827 10 Avenue SW
Calgary, AB
(403) 261-9759
Website: http://www.holygrill.ca/

Holy Grill on Urbanspoon

Comments